• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For the last 2 days my 4 have eaten nothing but hay and some fresh veg. They have hardly touched their pellets and the readigrass is the same, now they usually eat this all at once. They have not drank much either, usually its a bottle a day but not touched it the last 2 days. I find it odd because usually i am topping up the pellets and hay everyday if not twice a day.

Hi,

My lot have been a bit like that recently. They seem to go through phases where they eat all their pellet food and veg, and sometimes they only eat their veg (at turbo munch speed) and hay. They're the same with water (although they sometimes tend to play with the bottle spout and let the water leak out all over them).

As long as they seem otherwise ok (not losing weight or showing any early signs of illness) then they should be fine. It could be worth mixing a bit of different food like a museli mix with their pellets to try and get some interest, or skip a veg portion and see if they eat their pellet food then (you might need to bribe them with a bit of extra veg later to keep the peace!).

If they've not picked up within a day or two, I would get them a check up just to be safe.

Hi,
I have given them a bowl of mix and missed out the veg for a day also. They still did not touch the pellets, I'm thinking they may have gone off them. They are on wagg optimum but only for a few months they were on the pets at home ones before. I just put them some veg in and they went mad for it lol and are now drinking water like crazy too!rolleyesrolleyes

Hay and veg are more important than pellets anyway so as long as they have a good apettite I wouldn't worry too much. I suppose you could try the pellets they were on before?

Generally speaking, piggies get bored with food from time to time and sometimes they go off something that used to be their favourite.

I wouldn't worry, they have phases and it will come round again :)

In regard to the water, they don't need to drink too much if they're getting fresh veggies - they'll get the water they need from the veg and any fruit and will only need to drink if they have a dry food diet or only a small amount of veg. Again it goes in phases - one of our boars, Caramel, never used to drink at all but recently he's taken to drinking a whole bottle over the course of three days or so.

I wouldn't panic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back