• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

ebay cage opinion wanted please plus more opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi I've just seen this cage on ebay no. 280558372053! I'd like your opinions as to whether it is suitable for two guinea pigs! I know that the skyline maxi xxl has been recommended but I really don't think that I have the space for that size indoors. The feraplast 100 that's in pets at home at home is bigger than the ones on line! It has pink base and measures are 94cm by 56 & 46 high!? Is this good enough? We are going to get them out indoors for few hours each day plus in out door run when dry! My oh wants them to live in an outdoor hutch but I really don't want them too. Oh just suggested we have large outdoor cage in large under stairs cupboard! That would mean we could have very large indoor cage but where do yo all keep yours!? Going to pop this bit on new thread think my heads going to explode! lol

Personally I would say a big fat NO! I only use this size as a tempoary one for singles - never a pair. The less space they have the more stressful they find it and are more likely to fight. Boys need at least 4ft x 2ft as an indoor cage, if not more.

HTH

Suzy x

No, honestly, this cage is TINY! My hamster lives in a bigger cage than this.

I'd really recommend at least 48-56inches for guineas.

That cage is too small, especially for two boars. Even the XXL maxi cage is the minimum recommended space by the RSPCA for two guinea pigs!

Unfortunately, many pet shops still sell far too small cages as many people would think twice about impulse buying a comparatively cheap piggy if they realised what it would cost them to house their pets properly. They have quotas to hit and not the wellbeing of their living merchandise.

PS: I have posted on your other thread.

No, it is way too small.
If you have a problem with floor space then consider a two storey house.
I have 4 gerbils in a cage about twice the size of that, it would be o.k for a hospital cage but thats about it.

Hi I'm going to post add on wanted as we have bought a hutch yesterday and a friend has lent us a zoozone critter cage until we are sorted!

You could consider using your hutch inside if it is large enough.

I think the Zoozone is only big enough for a single pig:(

As said how about using the hutch indoors?

Or I wonder if this would fit the Mazi XXL
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/flat...-guinea-pig-and-rabbit-cage-by-ferplast-15998

If not the Ferplast 120 isn't too much more on Zooplus which of course it would definitely fit http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_cage/120_cm_cages/14083

Buying a stand for mine was the best thing I did, I've got the floor space back and they're at eyelevel when I sit with them :)

Last edited:
Would love to do that but we only have a 3 bed semi and my kitchen isn't big enough:( We don't have an extension, outhouse or garage! I was thinking that we could have them in hutch in day and in indoor cage at night! Maybe we could put the hutch in playhouse over winter, but I really want them indoors as we have foxes that use the garden! I've told my oh that they HAVE to be indoors this winter as they as young!

I live in a 2 up 2 down terrace with no garden lol

The problem is if you get something too small they may end up falling out due to a lack of space. Then you may have to consider whether you buy another cage and seperate them or rehome one of them.

OMG no way lol will def be getting them bigger home for indoors! Was thinking indoor cage could go in bedroom if need be! Have totally fallen in love and plan to become best guinea pig owner in Wolves! Have even talked oh into selling a sofa we have to make space! Just struggling a little as so new to all this! Plus my oh is on morphine and is a bit unpredictable! One minute he's suggesting the garden, then the cupboard under stairs then the living room and then the shed:{ He's usually gr8 but the drugs are really effecting him! We have had an awful year so it is great for us to have some little piggies to love and make a fuss of! (oops got bit carried away but better out than in!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back