• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ecopetbed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have just got myself a 20kg bale of Ecopetbed tonight for £8 from a lady in my down who has a rat stud.

I have used it in my 2x5 c and c cage for the first time tonight and i must say I'm very impresseed so farx). My group seem to love it and they can dig in it. I was using fleece before and they kept burrowing underneath. Obviously I'm committed now as i ahve 20kg of the stuff, but so far so good.

Just thought i would let you know.:)):))

Be keen to see how you get on, my lone boy keeps sneezing on his shavings so am switching to shredded paper tomorrow but if this doesn't work I need other ideas!

sorry about the spelling mistakes! I worked last night and have only has a few hours sleep. Slave to the cavy and all that!@)@)

I used to use Megazorb which the pigs seemed to like, but made me sneeze! Then i switched to soft wood shavings that i think smelt lovely x

I do like the cardboard bedding - have used for my ratties, meeces and gerblings lots of times. :))

I'm swapping over to Aubiose because it composts down a lot faster but as a bedding I do like cardboard stuff.

Yeah I saw ecopetbed in PAts at Home the other day and gave it some serious thought. It's a lot more expensive than bale hay so I gave it a miss this time. I think we're gonna go with Vetbed or similar soon though. Any thoughts on that.

From what I read on the pack, ecopetbed is supposed to very abosrbant and trap urine quite well but I'd be interested to see how you get on with it

:)

Well its been 2 days now. Poops seem to be disguised alot more. and there is no smell at all like there usually would be after a couple of days with fleece, even tho i was poopa scooping a couple of times a day etc. I'm going to see if i can get it to stretch to a week before total cleanout. It would be so much easier for me with work commitments etc to only clean out once a week. My group seem to be getting on well with it also. Lying out on it instead of in their crash pads. I have also been scattering their veg around the cage as it hides in the cardboard, therefore giving them something else to do for amusement.

How much was the ecopetbed in pets at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back