• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eddie Lost a nail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

My sister spotted it today he must have lost it during the night! there was blood on the fiddlestix so we think he caught it on that and it came away he has a teeny stumpy toe now!

will it grow back at all? and could he get an infection? do i need to see a vet? apparantly he was ok in himself today didnt seem bothered at all!

I would keep any eye on it. You can buy antiseptic powder and use that. If it gets swollen or looks really sore, it needs to be seen by a vet. As long as the root was'nt damaged, it should grow back. I had a rabbit once and she was running round the shed floor, when i picked her up to put her back in her hutch, she caught her nail in the floorboards. she screamed! It grew back no problem. Poor baby. :'(

I'm always worried incase Misty pulls one of his nails out. He's always grapping one and pulling at it

Ritchie pulled one of his nails out on Sunday :(, i did panic as there was quite a bit of blood for a little piggie but he is absolutly fine and hasn't had any problems with it ,oh and his cage buddy is called Eddie ;D

kerryx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back