• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eglu Go Hutches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of eglu go hutch in warm weather with extension and inside in Winter.

Do you think it is cost effective though?
Looking at the size of it, style etc, it doesn't look worth the amount. In my opinion.
Yes, seems v expensive but I am fed up of wooden hutches, which aren't large enough to clean out thoroughly. When should I put piggys in and outside if I was to do this?

Yes, seems v expensive but I am fed up of wooden hutches, which aren't large enough to clean out thoroughly. When should I put piggys in and outside if I was to do this?
When the temperature outside is stable, throughout the night and day.
15 degrees plus. I won't be putting my girls back outside until summer.

I'm afraid you'll find a lot of members here being anti-eglu. They just aren't appropriate for piggies or buns - too small, wire bottomed, plastic house which won't allow good temperature regulation... not to mention they're £300+. Imagine the custom setup you could kit out perfectly for that budget!

Last edited:
Did you know you can keep the girls indoors all year round? That way you only need to buy one cage. You can always give them floor time outside in a run. I do not have a garden and my pigs live indoors all year.

Why not ask the company I linked you to above? Find out what they can do for your budget. Otherwise, shop around. Google is your friend ;) Are the pigs going inside during the winter?

They do not look suitable at all. Very expensive and they look more like a piggy prison.
Oof. That comes across a little harsh;-)
I agree the wire bottom isn't good and it doesn't look very suitable which is a shame because it looks very smart and modern as a product.

Oof. That comes across a little harsh;-)
I agree the wire bottom isn't good and it doesn't look very suitable which is a shame because it looks very smart and modern as a product.
I'm sorry but I have very strong opinions about piggy housing. It is not suitable at all. With it being plastic it will not regulate the correct temperature, the wire floor is not suitable either. I stand by what I say.

It is not a comment specifically to @Maisy and Poppy so it should not cause any offence.

I'm sorry but I have very strong opinions about piggy housing. It is not suitable at all. With it being plastic it will not regulate the correct temperature, the wire floor is not suitable either. I stand by what I say.

It is not a comment specifically to @Maisy and Poppy so it should not cause any offence.
I completely agree but sometimes things come across differently when they are written down and slighty diffrent wording can make it from sounding mean to sounding very helpfull. we wouldn't want anybody to think you where been mean which in sure you weren't:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back