• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Enclosure Ideas

Katiedid

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
the piggies are in our living room (10 months ago we had a flood and the dining room where we used to spend a lot of time and where the piggies were became not so nice to be in).

We are about to gut the area and extend be house making a family room, we have a large C&C cage now but we have the option of them going back in there with a bespoke cage. Any ideas as to what is possible, what may be good?

I was thinking wood with shallow Perspex sides?

Hi @Katiedid you could have a look at the members' cages thread. It's a sticky in the housing and enrichment forum (links never work properly on my Kindle so can't post a link for you)

These are my non-C&C cages.

This one is 8 ft x 2.5 ft. I built the whole thing from scratch.
IMG_0293.JPG

These cabinets came with the new house we bought. I've converted the top part above the cabinets into a cage. It's about 3 x 7 ft. I was going to change the front to plexiglass, but never got around to it.
4a52e983bd3d8c224ad24d56909e3e26.jpg

Thank you. Do you find them better than C&C ?

I suppose what I am interested in is whether people have found them better or what mistakes the made that they would do differently.

I love the cabinet one it’s just the right height with a little step for leaning in to. If you suffer with back aches leaning too low is hard. So I suppose you could make the height to suit you.

Thank you. Do you find them better than C&C ?

I suppose what I am interested in is whether people have found them better or what mistakes the made that they would do differently.

They are not nessessary better. They look better than C&C in my opinion. To keep clean, they are about the same as C&C. (Easy to keep clean)

The cages are lined with vinyl flooring like what some houses lay in the kitchen (in USA, not sure if UK have this type of flooring). They are easy to wipe down.

Back