• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

I'll be over tonight:bal: don't lock the doors I don't want to wake you up! Now where is that piggy napping torch? I'm sure it's around here somewhere ........:))

:lol!::lol!: you'll need bell peppers if you hope to catch them, otherwise you'll be there until morning!

:lol!::lol!: you'll need bell peppers if you hope to catch them, otherwise you'll be there until morning!
Already have those in fridge!
Right have I got everything?

1. Red and green peppers in nice crunchy sounding bag .... tick
2. Piggynapping coat with the deep pockets .... tick
3. Piggynapping torch ..... tick
4. Holdall lined with hay for car journey home .... tick
5. Car keys .... tick
6. Car .... tick
7. Full tank of fuel .... tick

Let operation piggynap commence!:dri::bal:

So we have answers to Brambles weight maintenance issues. This heatwave has caused a relapse in her E.cuniculi, I noticed yesterday morning her teeth had become eeeeever so slightly uneven (first picture, ignore my powdery fingers, the disposable gloves I use are full of it :vom:) I gave her a precautionary dose of panacur and metacam. By the evening she had gained weight by herself, with no syringe feeds at all, she has since gained another 20g by herself and her teeth have straightened out again.
DSCN8573.JPG

She was reluctant to show me them yesterday, but she's showing them off lovely tonight now they're straight again XDXD That little face never fails to make me laugh :luv:

DSCN8580.JPGDSCN8579.JPGDSCN8578.JPG

So I performed a small miracle! While waiting for the F10 to dry in their pen I thought I would amuse myself taking pictures of the herd before all the chaos of bonding that was about to happen. Let me tell you, people who can get them to sit in a lovely line and get fantastic pictures are using witchcraft or something :lol!: might as well have been herding cats!

We got some passable ones in the end though bless them, and some iffy ones of Panda and Pumpkin meeting them. The pair of them have not stopped zooming and popcorning since they went in.

DSCN8598.JPGDSCN8599.JPGDSCN8601.JPGDSCN8603.JPGDSCN8604.JPGDSCN8605 (2).JPGDSCN8608 (3).JPGDSCN8612.JPGDSCN8613.JPGDSCN8615.JPG

Thankyou! I'm quietly confident it's going well, they've all had a good sleep and now they're sharing veggies. Everyone has gone from telling them to get out of their way, to tolerating them, to sitting with them which is nice :) (they even sat still long enough to grab a picture!)

DSCN8622.JPG

So I gave everyone their pellets before lights out, Pumpkin decided she was going to sploot herself out in the middle of the pen for a nap, legs out, eyes shut, ears twitching...so of course I had to sit on the floor and watch so as not to wake her up. I was sat there so long I couldn't feel my legs :lol!: safe to say she's made herself very much at home!

They've slotted into the herd so nicely! :) Even grumpy little Delilah has taken quite a shine to them, especially Panda who she is teaching to boss everyone else around, and when in doubt, Pumpkin goes running to Shelly, who is more than happy to have her dive under her for reassurance. They have already learned though that if I come in the room, chances are i've got food of some sort XD so they no longer hide under the hay, but sit and wheek at the top of their lungs (I think Panda might even be louder than Ebony! Which is saying something..)

DSCN8629.JPGDSCN8633.JPGDSCN8636.JPGDSCN8640.JPGDSCN8644.JPGDSCN8646.JPGDSCN8647.JPGDSCN8648.JPGDSCN8651.JPGDSCN8654.JPG

Back