• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

Well..I swear these pigs will be the death of me!
They've just phoned, we can pick her up at 5. Now, here's the good bit! They aneasthetised her, and when they went to locate the lump, it was gone. She wasn't even opened up! Several members of their team tried to locate it, but nope..gone :xd:
I think their exact words for my pigs were awkward and special Lol! She is apparently eating now too. I think she just fancied a change of scene, the little bugger.

We'll be discussing what happens now when we go to collect her, so I imagine that would be monitoring her closely.

It's a good job we love them isn't it :xd: I may have been a little hysterical earlier but I'm ok now. It was one of those laugh or cry moments. I had already resigned myself to the fact we would lose her under the anaesthetic, so to be able to bring her home is wonderful! I just hope she eats normally again because syringe feeding at the rate I have been is exhausting, she's worth it though.

She's home! It was an ovarian cyst which at some point between admittance and surgery had burst. He couldn't feel anything else in there that would be concerning so due to her risk of passing under the anaesthetic decided to call it off.
For now we monitor her and see how she goes but she is eating, pooping and generally looking much brighter! Any deterioration and she goes straight back. But for now, panic over!

20190318_175525.jpg20190318_175102.jpg

Aw I'm so glad for you, one day at a time always (we are learning that with our Tallulah!) but so glad you could bring your special girl home today after your recent loss and other piggy health worries. Maybe piggy miracles do happen sometimes :) x

Definitely one day at a time! The vet bless him seemed a little bemused about it all, but to be perfectly honest both me and him were convinced she wouldn't have survived the surgery so this was the ideal outcome in my opinion, the issue is as fixed as it's going to be and she got to come home. I'm so happy to have her back, even if it may only be for a few weeks until the cyst refills, we know what we're dealing with now :)

She had a bit of a blip over night, I guess a delayed reaction to the aneasthetic maybe? No poops and no appetite, back down to 880g :( she's had Zantac (autocorrect changed that to santa lol!) and fluids and has started passing horrible stringy poops but it's a step in the right direction I suppose.

Last edited:
Aw, fingers crossed she will be alright. Stringy poos always come after general anaesthetic, I think it’s because they have a gap in their normal grazing x

Oh dear these bloody piggies don't half make us lose sleep, hope its just a blip and the Zantac does the trick. Tallulah had an "explosive diarrhoea in a pale yellow fleecy tube" day after her GA but it settled in a few hours after she got the meds out of her system- hope its the same for your beautiful girl. Healing wheeks! X

Thanks! They seem to be slowly returning to normal, they're at least not rock hard and dry, I had to help the poor thing pass some of the drier ones :( she's nibbled a little bit of carrot leaves and spinach without any prompting on my part, which is the first veg she's actually eaten in quite a few days. I have everything crossed this time tomorrow she's worked her way up to eating hay again.

2am feed was a bit of a struggle, she is very tired, hoping the meds have time to work bless her. Poops have slowed down too. She's still her sassy self though, she grabbed hold of my jeans earlier and ragged them like a dog..at least we've moved past the biting.

I'm quite concerned for her at the moment, alarm set for a few hours time to check on her. Look at her little face though, she's such a sweetie. She smeared critical care up my arm and then looked away as if to say 'it wasn't me!'
20190320_020237.jpg

Oh no! I'm so sorry you've lost her! That's a huge shock she seemed to rally round. She is popcorning and is in her prime once more at The Rainbow Bridge. She has her favourite food and is meeting friends old and new. Look after yourself as you grieve. You did all you could and sometimes the call of the Bridge is too strong and they just have to go. Hugs to you at this difficult time X :hug:

I’m so, so, so, so sorry xxxxx

She will know you’ve done everything you could x

She’s at rest now x

I am so sorry you have lost your little lady. She had a wonderful life with you. Sleep tight Treacle x

Oh no, so sorry to hear this... we all hoped she was going to be ok... at least she went peacefully at home with you caring for her rather than at the vets... it must be such a shock, but it must just have been her time to go... sad wheeks and hugs for you and the other piggies x

Back