• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Eriathwens piggies

I hope you enjoy reading it! It made me smile, I apparently still only had 7 piggies when I wrote it, so it must have been quite some time ago!
Its been up and down with the new trio, to my surprise Ebony has actually been rather dominant today, but luckily Treacle and Cinnamon seem to be backing down. Unfortunately that may be as a result of pain, because Ebony has started to cry while urinating again so I'll be having a word with her vet tomorrow about a longer course of antibiotics, she only finished them the other day.
A couple of snaps anyway of them enjoying their veggies, and of course some of the others too :)

20190111_182428.jpg20190111_181931.jpg20190111_182011.jpg20190111_181732.jpg20190111_181554.jpg20190111_182153.jpg

Hideyshave gone in today, as well as a tube and so far so good. Treacle and Ebony spent most of the morning snuggled up together and Cinnamon has calmly slept at the other end of the cage. She's never been fussed about having other pigs nearby and is visibly more relaxed now she isn't the sole focus of Treacles attention :) Leonard is also enjoying being closer to the ladies and has spent most of his time having a chat with them through the bars!
I put some bran in with them all to keep them busy while I tidied up the room, which went down well!

20190112_161639.jpg20190112_161608.jpg20190112_161616.jpg20190112_155620.jpg

A few snaps from today :) Treacle seems to have very happily taken the role of bottom piggy, with Cinnamon (much to my surprise!) claiming the top spot. Everyone has settled right down now they know their place. Cinnamon has been out and about and happy to interact and be near the other 2, which is nice, although I never realised just how much of a size difference there was between her and Ebony! I'll have to see if I can get a picture next time they're having a nap side by side.

DSCN9887.JPGDSCN9888.JPGDSCN9889.JPGDSCN9890.JPG

Facebook has informed me that it is 3 years ago today I brought the girls home :) just look at what they started! XD I wish I could tell them both how much I miss them..
Ebony was back at the vets and is on more antibiotics for at least 3 more weeks, if this doesn't work, then she will be going to unconscious xrays and scans with contrast fluid put into the bladder so it's easier to see, after the bladder has been flushed with a catheter.
After that, on paper the next step is surgery to see exactly what is going on in there but the vet does not want to go down that route as clearly..the bladder itself is fine. So I'm crossing everything the longer course of medication works, because if nothing else helps I don't really know where that leaves us. But she is otherwise healthy and happy, and the vet says she's nice and robust (which I told Ebony was a nice was of him saying she was chunky :lol!:) so yeah..I'm not sure what we will do, but I'm sure we will have more of a plan nearer the time.
Screenshot_20190116-003543.png

I do hope you can get to the bottom of Ebony’s problems.
Not knowing is more worrying- at least with a clear diagnosis you know what you have to deal with.
Keeping you in my thoughts

Thank you, yeah the not knowing is awful. I had a terrible nights sleep going over and over our options. She's still painful when she pees, we're holding off on cystease and metacam until the weekend to determine which thing is actually helping, and even then she will only get metacam for a week to see if the pain returns during the last 2 weeks of antibiotics without it.
Knowing I have painkillers but she can't have them yet is really hard, seeing as she is in discomfort. But in the long run I suppose it will help us figure out what is going on.

We can rule out stress now though, now she has company. Everyone, even Cinnamon has been popcorning today..I never thought about it before but I don't think I've ever seen Cinnamon popcorn! So they seem to be enjoying each others company.

Nice to hear something positive and piggies are good with each other when one is unwell.

Hope you get some sleep tonight

Thanks, I hope so too, ive been nodding off all day lol!
Its been a while since I tried them with something new so I bought them some Jerusalem artichokes..which might be the ugliest vegetable ive ever seen XD but the piggies certainly approved. (I know they look like potatoes but I checked about 10 times to make sure they weren't, dont worry XD)
DSCN9892.JPGDSCN9903.JPGDSCN9908.JPGDSCN9909.JPGDSCN9925.JPGDSCN9930.JPGDSCN9933.JPGDSCN9939.JPG
DSCN9916.JPG

Luckily there's been no smell :lol!: but someone left such a huge pile of poops that I thought a pinecone had managed to find its way into the cage until I took a closer look! I might not give them those too often XD

It's been a while since I updated on Leonard, he is doing well and has been able to have his metacam reduced to 0.4ml, he was at one point on 0.8! So I'm hoping his bones have began to calcify more, reducing the pain for him.
Ebony seems to be responding to the antibiotics, thankfully. She's still painful, but not to the extent she was yesterday, so i'm grateful for that.

In other, more traumatic news, Daisy was almost eaten by a lettuce leaf, luckily Ivory swooped in to save the day! Who knows what would have happened otherwise :)) Cinnamon and Ebony have been doing some nice sharing, and they seem to be taking it in turns to sit at the far right side of the cage which is next to Leonard, who also regularly naps where the cages meet too.

DSCN9945.JPG
DSCN9949.JPG
DSCN9953.JPG
DSCN9947.JPG
DSCN9951.JPG
DSCN9957.JPG
DSCN9959.JPG
DSCN9960.JPG
DSCN9965.JPG
DSCN9966.JPG

Luckily there's been no smell :lol!: but someone left such a huge pile of poops that I thought a pinecone had managed to find its way into the cage until I took a closer look! I might not give them those too often XD

It's been a while since I updated on Leonard, he is doing well and has been able to have his metacam reduced to 0.4ml, he was at one point on 0.8! So I'm hoping his bones have began to calcify more, reducing the pain for him.
Ebony seems to be responding to the antibiotics, thankfully. She's still painful, but not to the extent she was yesterday, so i'm grateful for that.

In other, more traumatic news, Daisy was almost eaten by a lettuce leaf, luckily Ivory swooped in to save the day! Who knows what would have happened otherwise :)) Cinnamon and Ebony have been doing some nice sharing, and they seem to be taking it in turns to sit at the far right side of the cage which is next to Leonard, who also regularly naps where the cages meet too.

View attachment 104864
View attachment 104866
View attachment 104868
View attachment 104865
View attachment 104867
View attachment 104869
View attachment 104870
View attachment 104871
View attachment 104872
View attachment 104873
You do have to watch out for those lettuce leaves!:nod::nod:

I think you will just have to sit and watch them until they are ready for you to clean their cage.
Sitting watching piggies is a very good and relaxing way of using time

What beautiful shiny coats they all have. They are such beauties x Hope Ebony gets better soon, she is gorgeous, black piggies are my absolute favourite 💖
Its true @Eriathwen your piggies always look so glossy and happy, and always look to have so much hay and veggies around! They are lucky piggies you look after them so well :)

Back