• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Escape artist

I think a few members have escape artists for piggies! Make sure he can’t get out by climbing onto hides or pushing doors open.

My 1st piggie Pedro had floor time and went missing . . I looked and eventually I heard him . . Chewing his way tho a bin liner in the kitchen . . He did a good job and was eating some very yukkie cucumber . .. tho a hole he had made .
Was baffled as he had fresh veg including cucumber in his dish on floor. . .
The look he gave me once he knew the game was up. . Bless xx

My friend got a little black piggie as a companion for her older sow. They live outside and have a run on the grass but she puts them in a secure cage at night because she also has cats and dogs. The cage is on legs about 60 cm off the ground. One morning she went out and the little sow was sitting under it! She was so pleased to go back in. The only thing she can think is that when she went to put her in she used the front-loading door and 'missed' and because the piggy was small and dark coloured she just didn't see her in the evening light. I said, "Thank goodness she was safe with all the other pets!" She said she wasn't so worried about the cats because one had once managed to get stuck in the cage - she squeezed her way under the top lid but then couldn't get out. She was this enormous fluffy cat and completely filled the little compartment, barely able to turn around, and the pigs were in the other bit peeping at her. She keeps a brick on top now!

Back