• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ever Been Mistaken For Veg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was feeding the girls some tea tonight a sprig of coriander each consecutively before I popped the food in the cage - I fed Sasspy fine, but as I was going to feed Vimto, she missed the sprig and bit my finger, at the same time Widget got impatient and bit my knuckle, it was like a pool of Piranha!

Ouch, naughty pigs. My main culprit for this is Katie pig, and she will come up and bite my hand if it is on the floor to see if I am holding any food.

Oh yes it happens... Patch and Rambo are my main culprits...

Seems like you need to get the grub out quicker...

Is it a girl thing? None of my 4 boys mistakes my fingers for food. Peanut Butter sometimes sniffs my fingers to see if they might be something tasty but that's as far as it goes.

That is not to say I don't get bitten. Hazelnut has a long-standing habit of biting any finger thrust in his face. One has to ask "chin rub Hazelnut?" & wait for him to lift his head before it is safe to get a finger anywhere near his face. Lately, in his eagerness for his Oxbow chewable vitamin C tablets he has bitten me. I have to be quick & precise in getting the tablet in behind his incisors or those incisors end up in my finger. He is the only one who loves those tablets. The other 3 try to spit them out so I have to shove them in deep but at least they don't bite me trying to get rid of the tablet.

Both of mine do it because my fingers must smell of veggies/pellets/hay, I suspect.

It's always (at least so far!) a light, tentative nibble, rather than a full-on chomp.

I think Flo sometimes suspects I've disguised coriander as a finger, and has a little nibble just to check. Quite WHY I'd do that is beyond me, but they don't trust us as far as they could throw us, do they? They have very suspicious minds, those piggies!

Yup a few times, and one of them hurt a lot, and also bleed like wow. I guess he got really excited with the veggies hahaha

I have never been bitten by any of my animals. Ronnie bun has had a chew on my trainers whilst I was wearing them! :))

I think Ryou would happily do that if I gave him the chance. I have to be really fast putting in his food as hes supre impatient. I know he'd bite me accidentally as hes so desperate.

Matthew, Ludwig and I think Romano have done it once or twice accidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back