• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Excel Food Cubes - my review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Even though they're supposed to be a complete food, I couldn't bring myself to just not give them any hay or pellets, so I put a cube in each cage as well as their normal food.
Piggies always like to play with something new, so they have enjoyed pulling the cubes apart and foraging for goodies. The downside of this, however, is that their entire cage ended up with a layer of hay - a fleece user's nightmare!
They didn't finish the whole cube before it was time for a cage clean (probably because they had their regular hay and pellets as well), so I salvaged the big lumps and got to work brushing the fleece. As I said before - it was a complete nightmare. Hay all over the place. It also felt like a waste, because I was brushing up dustpans of hay that they had slept, weed and pood on and wasn't really salvageable.

In conclusion - the piggies really liked the cubes, and I will probably continue to use them as an occasional treat/form of enrichment. I can see them working very well for owners who use a substrate for bedding so the mess won't matter so much. However, I wouldn't recommend them to fleece users.

How much where they and where did you get them from?

I wouldn't give it to my pigs as a complete food even though its branded as one. I would give it them as a treat and I'm sure Mojo and smudgy would just play with it instead of attempt to eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back