• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Excited... but nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My OH's brother and family are emigrating to Oz for a year (possibly longer) next weekend.
Last Saturday BIL asked us if we would look after Stitch their piggy for them, of course I immediately said yes... OH said no ( :<> ) I got round it by saying I would take him and if needed try and rehome through here. I would rather that than he go to one of their friends kids who might not look after him properly.

By Saturday evening OH was talking about how we could arrange things for Stitch's hutch in the shed, so I guess he will be stayingxx>>>

The only thing is he's about 3years old and poor thing hasn't had much interaction with people, so is very skitish and will run to the enclosed bit of the hucth.

When he arrives, his hutch will be going under the girls cage stand so he'll hopefully be a bit warmer. Once he's settled I'll have him in the pen downstairs with us for as much as possible so he can get used to us.

Not sure when we're going to get him, OH said possibly tonight but most likely he'll be here by Sunday.

oooh exciting news! Do you have any pigs that could potentially be his friend? xx

That's the problem, he technically won't be mine :0 He'll just be a lodger with us.

I only have Amber & Coco atm, but even if I could get him neutered I don't have the space for anything bigger than a 120cm cage.

Their cage is on a stand so I can put another underneath it, I'm planning on getting him a bigger cage but don't know where I stand with getting a friend... :{ They are giving us money towards his keep.

I could do boar datingpossibly but they could only have a 120cm cage and would have to be right near the girls:{

Oooo Oz how exciting, hope the move goes well for your brother and family :) Stitch sounds adorble little bundle, it'll be exciting when he moves in with you and the girls x) Cant wait for pigtures, will he not be alright for companionship being next to the girls for the time being? He can still have a natter through the wire!

Hope it goes well! :)

I have had many pairs of boys in cages near girls and I have never had any problems.

maybe when you get him you could discuss options with them? Sounds like your best Bet is to get him neutered so he can live with your girls :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back