• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Exciting New Plans

Sophie B

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I've been toying with the idea of building a new cage for the guinea pigs for a few months now, and it's finally happening!
In a month or so they'll have a lovely new cage, I figured I'd make this thread to update on plans/progress, if anybody is interested
It will be made of wood (which type I'm not entirely sure of yet, so any suggestions are welcome) and plexiglass, will be one floor with a small shelf like second floor and a bit bigger than what they have now
Any and all suggestions definitely appreciated

It sounds a bit like the Little Adventures cage, which I am very jealous of, but don't have space for :no: If you haven't seen it already just have a look for her on you tube for some inspiration.

Cage has been very postponed, due to the fact I’m going on a trip abroad in a while and that they’re getting a hutch on Tuesday to go downstairs instead of in my room...

Looks like a lot of work, will be done tomorrow and may need to be finished the day after

We are thinking of using fleece but then I was wondering about the gap for the ramp on the second floor?
It would definitely be preferable to using any kind of bedding

Me and my dad were planning a wooden cage but then they had to move downstairs and it doesn’t look like that will be happening now

Back