• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Exercise Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebeccaxx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello I was just wondering how often and how long roughly do you allow your pigs to be out of the cage for daily ?

It depends on the size of the cage. If your cage only meets minimum size then they need at least two hours. My cage is 8 by 3 so I do not need to give exercise time.

My girls get out from about 10am-7pm on my days off and then when I'm not off they get out as soon as I get home format least a couple of hours

My piggies have quite big cages so don't need exercise time, but I have just boarded off all holes etc so they now have the run off the bedroom in the evenings

mine are out till they pee, or get angry and bite my SO

Mine have a big inside and outside cage. Depending on what the weather is like, if it's 10°c and over they are out for age. When they are inside they have as long as they want.

It depends on the size of the cage. If your cage only meets minimum size then they need at least two hours. My cage is 8 by 3 so I do not need to give exercise time.
I read that if they have a small cage they are need at least 20 minutes. But as you know a very knowledgeable woman then I trust you know the answers.

I read that if they have a small cage they are need at least 20 minutes. But as you know a very knowledgeable woman then I trust you know the answers.
If they have a very small cage then they need more than 20 minutes play time. They need a couple hours at least. This is what piggy fan is saying. As her cage is huge, her piggies don't NEED exercise time as they have plenty room to exercise in their cage.

20 minutes is not enough at all. They need at least two hours unless the cage is huge.

My boys cage takes up half of their room so I came to the conclusion It's actually pointless me taking them out for anything other than their daily Inspection and their evening lap time. In the summer I will take them to play in their run for 1 - 2 hours a day.

We have a 6ftx6ft run that my two boys are in Friday nights, most of Saturday and Sunday's - lots of toys to play with and space to run around. During the week they have two nights they don't get out as I am a childminder and work from home - we are out at kids clubs two times a week straight from work so there is just no time. They've got a huge cage tho so I'm not overly concerned and they are out for daily cuddles every night x

Mine have a 2x5 each but since boars need as much room as you can give them...( I can't go any bigger) because of space I give them an hour each in the morning and 2 each at night.

I wonder if anyone can provide some advice for my girls' exercise time?

I live in a shared rented house and I keep my pigs in my bedroom. Ideally I would give them floor time in here too since the shared rooms in the house are frequently busy / noisy. In my room, however, are lots of awkward nooks and crannies, cables, and places I would struggle to clean or retrieve the guineas from if they decided to hide! It is also carpeted and since the house is rented I can't let my girls ruin the floor!

What are some good ways to keep them safely enclosed? What amount of space do they need? And what kind of materials are good to put on the floor to save the carpet?

(I've only had them 2wks and they are currently in quarantine for a fungal infection! Please don't despair that I've been depriving them of exercise for months! :tu:)

I wonder if anyone can provide some advice for my girls' exercise time?

I live in a shared rented house and I keep my pigs in my bedroom. Ideally I would give them floor time in here too since the shared rooms in the house are frequently busy / noisy. In my room, however, are lots of awkward nooks and crannies, cables, and places I would struggle to clean or retrieve the guineas from if they decided to hide! It is also carpeted and since the house is rented I can't let my girls ruin the floor!

What are some good ways to keep them safely enclosed? What amount of space do they need? And what kind of materials are good to put on the floor to save the carpet?

(I've only had them 2wks and they are currently in quarantine for a fungal infection! Please don't despair that I've been depriving them of exercise for months! :tu:)
Could you buy grids and make a c and c enclosure with a shower curtain at the bottom in case they wee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back