• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eye Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

natz88

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As you might already know I have recently bought a new guinea pig to become a new companion to my existing guinea pig who lost her friend and was grieving. The day after bringing her home I noticed she had her eye tightly closed so took her to the vet who told me she had conjunctivitis and gave me some drops for me. She has now finished the drops for the length of time the vet recommended and her eye is looking so much better. Because of this infection I haven't yet been able to start introducing each other yet. Do you think now will be ok as I would hate for my older guinea pig to then develop conjunctivitis! What do you guys think?

Hello :)

Poor little girl, It may be worth getting a check up just to make sure it has all cleared up before introducing, she made need a longer course if it is still present. Lots of healing vibes to your little one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back