• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Eye/waterline Bump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crnyng

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a 2 year old female I semi recently adopted who was severely neglect (lack of knowledge on guinea pigs) so I have been working on helping her regain her nutrition and such but she has this issue with her eye that just won't go away and it is worrying me to my core. I have had her in to the vets twice in a week for it. The first time they didn't even look at her eye when I mentioned a problem with it so we went back a second time seen by a different doctor who at that point used a stain to check her eye and gave us drops to use 2-3 times a day. It's been 4 day we have been giving her the drops and in some ways she seems midly better but the bump continues to slowly get bigger. Does ANYONE have any ideas? I'm panicking myself and just want to know what's wrong so I can help her. I've been searching and reading but I don't feel like making any progress. It's not so much her ACTUAL eyeball, but the waterline and tissue around her eye. Please, any advice or info on it would be appreciated!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

crnyng

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Also posted on GuineaLynx and someone mentioned an exotics vet in Menomenee Falls. Was told the owner who also works within the building was 12 out of 1100 for Americas best vets or something along those lines. I plan on contacting them when they're open but for the time being still an worrying and wondering what is happening..

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
It rather looks like some kind of localised infection, perhaps an abscess to me, too. All the best with getting an appointment!

Elwickcavies

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would agree. It may be an infected hair follicle. Fingers crossed you can get it sorted.

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
We have chatted by message already and I am a bit stumped. I am thinking either a cysts or agree with the others about an infection. Great that you have found a recommended vet.

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks amazing and shows what a difference finding a good vet makes - well done crnyng!
What was the lump - an infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.