• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Fall From Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merithimas

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My three year old boar Dapple just feel from a metre high table . I managed to catch him again, and he appears to be showing no symptoms. He's running about as usual, eating grass in his run and generally seeming content. Is there anything I should do?

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
How do his teeth look? is he walking ok? I would get him vet checked especially if you notice any slight change in behaviour as he may need some pain relief.

Merithimas

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Are you sure? He's been running around really speedily in the run and eating grass happily ever since the fall. Indeed, he ate some out of my hand as soon as I caught him from his fall, which he only does when confident. His teeth are fine and he can walk and use all legs perfectly. He's not sitting hunched up or being in any way aggressive. How could a serious injury have no effect on him like this?

Chief Guinea Pig

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A metre is pretty high. One of mine has fell this height and was caught, perfectly fine.
But it is better to be safe than sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.