• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fall leaves

HeatherRose

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have two maple trees where my guinea pigs have outside time. The leaves are starting to fall and I saw Belle munching on a leaf. Are fall leaves safe for piggies to eat?

I honestly don't know. I have seen mine munching from time to time on an occasional leaf from a nearby fruit tree that has blown into their runs. But I think I'd try to keep their run clear of maple leaves unless I knew they were safe.

I know maple leaves are poisonous to horses and maple seeds are deadly so I'm guessing it's the same for piggies :(

I agree, Maple is toxic to a lot of animals so I would try to keep their run clear of them :)

Perhaps you could put an old net curtain over their run. Bill and Ted like to eat fallen leaves, the browner and crisper the better, luckily they are mainly fruit trees, but they do like Mountain Ash, it doesn’t seem to do them any harm but I try and vet the area if possible.

Back