• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Farewell Cookie

Demi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We lost our beautiful girl tonight. She had so much character and was our cheeky guinea pig. We have had a great 4 years with her. She has left her sidekick Dolly behind. She looks ever so sad :(

Advice: We have tried to bond Dolly with our other guinea pigs and it just won’t work. (It’s the reason they were originally separated). Would you get another guinea pig? And when? She’s only 2 :( BAA0996B-95C9-49A9-A963-AEAF803AD467.jpeg

Attachments

• 48A53DEE-B7A6-4277-B312-9FEFF352A5E5.jpeg
    48A53DEE-B7A6-4277-B312-9FEFF352A5E5.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 7
Oh bless you, I’m so sorry for your loss. Popcorn free little one.
If Dolly is particular who she lives with perhaps consider taking her dating somewhere like Cavy Corner so she can choose her own companion.

I have just emailed them. And it’s not Dolly who is the problem, we have a very sassy sow that just does not like Dolly one bit. It’s quite sad Dolly is so tolerant and loving :( I think she would bond with just about any pig.

I have just emailed them. And it’s not Dolly who is the problem, we have a very sassy sow that just does not like Dolly one bit. It’s quite sad Dolly is so tolerant and loving :( I think she would bond with just about any pig.

Well I hope that Dolly finds happiness again. These naughty sows x

Aw, so sorry for your loss, sleep tight little Cookie x Hope you can find a little friend for Dolly x

When would you say to try and get her a friend? ASAP or give her grieving time? We left cookie in her cage for a little whilst once she had died so Dolly would realise but she looked scared :(

I am so sorry for the loss of Beautiful piggy, she was utterly stunning. Massive hugs to you at this sad time

Sleep well pretty one

RIP Cookie
x x

When would you say to try and get her a friend? ASAP or give her grieving time? We left cookie in her cage for a little whilst once she had died so Dolly would realise but she looked scared :(

Hi! I am so sorry for your loss!

As long as Dolly is eating and drinking, give her grieving time. You can look for a new friend in this case in the space of about 1-2 weeks to a month ideally. With acute pining, it is ASAP. you can look at both sows or neutered boars of any age; they just have to click and to want to be with each other! Rescue dating is the best way of allowing a bereaved piggy to have a say in who they want to be with.

All the best! I am very sorry that your sows are not getting on. I have got a very nice collection of them here... :(

So sorry for your loss. Hope you find a friend for Dolly soon.
Sleep tight little Cookie.xx

We have got Dolly a friend she wasn’t coping well :( she seems happier with a new friend68D051AB-4898-4483-A4C8-D9F12838073C.jpeg

How lovely.
I hope Dolly is happy with her new friend.
Please tell us more about your new piggy

Back