• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Farewell My Prince

anyar.dris

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
As some of you know, my piggies are currently boarding at TEAS while we are in America for 2 weeks. We got a message this morning from Debbie that she had to rush Prince to Cat & Rabbit because he was having difficulty breathing. Kim had to nebulise him and give him oxygen to help him breathe. But he deteriorated quickly during the day and sadly, had to put him to sleep because he was really in distressed because he can't breathe. 😭 This is so sudden because he never showed signs of this problem apart from the dental problems. But as we all know with piggies, they never show signs most of the time unless it's already worse.

This has put a sad cloud over me and hubby on our holiday. We won't be able to see him again when we get back. 😭 I just hope this won't have much of an effect with my other piggies, especially Sierra because she was the closest to him.

We can't thank Debbie @furryfriends (TEAS) enough for all that she's done. We know my piggies are in very good hands while we are away.

So goodbye my little Prince. At least we can be at ease knowing he's had a very good and very spoilt one year with us since we adopted him. We are thinking he is older than 2yrs old contrary to what we've been told by RSPCA. But regardless he is still young to die.

RIP my little ginger. You've been a very good piggy and we will terribly miss you. 😭❤️❤️❤️

IMG_20180202_235608_760.jpgIMG_20180326_131200_928.jpgIMG_20180202_235608_759.jpgIMG_20180801_003026_086.jpgIMG_20190211_001629_632.jpgIMG_20190501_093206_716.jpg

Oh god, I’m so sorry @anyar.dris x
So sorry to read this, know you cared for him amazingly and he had a great life with you, you’re such a brilliant piggy owner!
Sleep tight gorgeous Prince Xx

So sorry to hear this😣. I remember when i see Prince at the vets in his little hospital bedroom waiting for his op on his tumour or abscess. He was a big pig! Theres too many forum pigs going over the rainbow bridge lately😣. He had a good life with you! Take care x

What an awful shock, I am so very sorry for the loss of your stinking ginger boy, he had such a loving life with you please remember this. X

Hugs to @furryfriends (TEAS) also

Sleep well stunning boy

RIP Prince
x x

Thank you all for your sympathy. ❤ We will miss our little boy so much! I know he's had a very good life with us even for only 1 year. and 3 mos. He was so spoilt rotten with everything. I just feel so heartbroken because we are not beside him when he passed away. 😭

Thank you all for your sympathy. ❤ We will miss our little boy so much! I know he's had a very good life with us even for 1 year. and 3 mos. He was so spoilt rotten with everything. I just feel so heartbroken because we are not beside him when he passed away. 😭
This is my fear, being away when a pig is sick. It has happened to me once before when i found my old age boar had passed away. He was sick and i had to go to work. Horrible feeling

So sorry to hear this😣. I remember when i see Prince at the vets in his little hospital bedroom waiting for his op on his tumour or abscess. He was a big pig! Theres too many forum pigs going over the rainbow bridge lately😣. He had a good life with you! Take care x

Very true. We lost Broly last month, very suddenly and unexpectedly just 36hrs after what was described as an extremely minor and very low risk procedure to remove a very very tiny abscess. He was fine when we brought him home that night, the next night he suddenly was breathing through his mouth (unable to breathe through his nose) and using his front legs (unable to use his back legs) to drag himself out of his house😢
We rushed him to an emergency vet and they immediately saw him and admitted him in, but he passed the next morning. He was only 3yrs old and prior to the procedure, he was perfectly fine. So we’ve been 2nd guessing ourselves a lot the last 6 weeks.

Very true. We lost Broly last month, very suddenly and unexpectedly just 36hrs after what was described as an extremely minor and very low risk procedure to remove a very very tiny abscess. He was fine when we brought him home that night, the next night he suddenly was breathing through his mouth (unable to breathe through his nose) and using his front legs (unable to use his back legs) to drag himself out of his house😢
We rushed him to an emergency vet and they immediately saw him and admitted him in, but he passed the next morning. He was only 3yrs old and prior to the procedure, he was perfectly fine. So we’ve been 2nd guessing ourselves a lot the last 6 weeks.
What caused the breathing through mouth issue, do you think it was stress?

Back