• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Farm rescue pigs settling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzygpr

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just a quick update on the farm rescue pigs that were dumped and let loose on a disused farm in the depths of West Wales. The rescue is continuing as not all the pigs could be caught. Rescue covered in this thread.
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56274
On going attempts to rescue the rest.
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56362

The breakfast chorus was deafening this morning - it didn't take them long to suss out what me coming into the shed means!

As usual the girls pen was stripped bare of all the hay they had overnight and I was told to get on and hurry up with their next lot! Here they all are tucking into their dry food - it was the only way to get peace so I could do bottles/veg/hay for them and the rest of the residents of the shed.

P8190217.JPG

Most if not all the pigs in this picture are pregnant so there will be even more mouths to feed very soon.

The rescue is well over it's 40 pigs capacity at 59 pigs so if you are thinking of having some new piggies please think of rescuing, in particular rescuing from me as I can't take any more in until I have rehomed a lot of the pigs already here.

Suzy x
http://guinearescue.blogspot.com/

Awwww :) Glad they found a good home with you, looks like they're enjoying their breekie hope they find a loving home soon all so beautiful x)

Aww, they are all so pretty. If only I had the room :(
Lets hope they are re-homed soon. Good luck with them all :)

Do you not have any other rescues nearby that could take some of the piggies for you?

Bless them! They've soon cottoned on!

I hope that not all of them end up being pregnant, wish those that are a simple birth and forever homes as soon as possible for all! :)

They must be so happy with their new life! I hope that everthing goes well; some girls look like they are well on the way to popping fairly soon!

Beautiful piggies x) How awful that they ended up abandoned - it's lucky that they were found and that you could take them in!

Beautiful lucky piggies, your doing a fantastic job hun:)

They are safe and well - in time for the next crop of babies! Even though the farm pigs aren't available yet I still have 4 pairs of bonded males and 2 pairs of girls for rehoming, as well as a bonding service for lonely piggies out there.

Suzy x
http://guinearescue.blogspot.com/

Aww so sad to hear that someone just dumped all these piggys and that most of them are pregnant, i hope that they all find loving homes soon.

So glad that they came to you and can be well cared for until they find their forever homes.

Photos are the only thing that can really give an idea of just how hopeless this looked when we got there, especially when just me and Clare got there on sunday and realised the last two were in a bramble patch about the size of two tennis courts 8...

Alex has fully admitted that his photos suck a little bit :)) so Clare's are much better! So nice to see these lot doing so well x)

What gorgeous girls! Bet they're so happy with you.
Hope their forever homes are found soon, and best of luck with the pregnancies :)

Thank goodness theyre in a good rescue home. At least they are some where safe and secure to bring theyre little ones into the world :)

Six of the girls are out on short term foster until they are ready to come back in time for the births. The more advanced pregnancies are here, they all had their daily check this morning and one is due very soon - pelvic bones are separating already. She'll be moving into the kitchen today - lots more sleepless nights in store for me with this lot. So far there are 5 confirmed pregnancies and one is either not pregnant (yay!) or is too early to tell just yet. Of the 6 on foster I am sure they are all pregnant.

Two more females were caught at the rescue site a few days later and they will be staying with Clare at the Rhydowen Rodent Refuge - forum member name is tomato - they are also very young and pregnant.

Suzy x

Six of the girls are out on short term foster until they are ready to come back in time for the births. The more advanced pregnancies are here, they all had their daily check this morning and one is due very soon - pelvic bones are separating already. She'll be moving into the kitchen today - lots more sleepless nights in store for me with this lot. So far there are 5 confirmed pregnancies and one is either not pregnant (yay!) or is too early to tell just yet. Of the 6 on foster I am sure they are all pregnant.

Two more females were caught at the rescue site a few days later and they will be staying with Clare at the Rhydowen Rodent Refuge - forum member name is tomato - they are also very young and pregnant.

Suzy x

You are all doing a great job - I hope that you can get hold of all piggies before it gets too cold!

Aww, well done to you Suzy, you really are a champion to look after and take in piggies. I hope this little bundle find homes soon anyway. xx

Beth xx

Here's pics of the 6 farm rescue girls not on foster as they are further on in their pregnancies - though one may not be pregnant, just looked it, I can't feel any babies but that may be due to it being too soon to tell just yet.

P8220220.JPG

P8220221.JPG

P8220222.JPG

You can see from this pic that their coats are not in great condition.
P8220224.JPG

This is the one that may not be pregnant - fingers crossed
P8220225.JPG

This little one is due to give birth soon - pelvic bones are separating and babies very active. She is just skin and bone, you can see her hip pushing her hair out in the photo. She is very young.
P8220226.JPG

Suzy x

I'm still working on Ron about homing another pair Suzy, I think he's reluctant because the cage would be taking the space where his bike is living at the moment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back