Fave toys for piggies?

SqueakersNYC

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Keen to get some ideas for toys that I can rotate for my girls.

I’ve done the paper bag with hay which they enjoy so will do that when I have some. They have chew sticks which I have never seen them use. They have a couple of balls with cat nip type stuff in them which they do nibble occasionally. Anything else they love?

They have hideys and a fleece forest but use those for relaxing 😌

5StarPigs

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! First and foremost, the balls with catnip type stuff in them are dangerous to piggies. Please remove these ASAP from your piggies cage and toss them in the trash, or if you have cat(s) you can give them to the cat(s). Most piggies love tp rolls to toss around and chew on (without the tp on them just the cardboard lol). Or just cardboard pieces or boxes that you have lying around. One other thing you can do is get a PAPER (not foam) egg carton (ovs without the eggs in the carton) and stuff some hay, forage, or veg in it. Most pigs love to chew on these and get the goodies out.

SqueakersNYC

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh I didn’t know that and bought from a reputable piggy place but I will remove. It’s not actual catnip in them.. but apparently is equivalent to catnip but for piggies! But won’t take any chances.

AlphaUrd13

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah the whole chew toys are an exaggeration and most probably misinformation. Their teeth are trimmed naturally by eating hay so they don't need to chew on anything else. All my four piggies don't even chew on their cardboard tunnels except day 1 and 2 when it's the most interesting gift they ever recieve but they get bored of it quite quickly. Giving them stuff to hide in or run around in is the best toy. Also putting small pieces of food above their hideys/random areas can prove to be good exercise.