• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fed Up Amber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The girls have been indoors in a temporary cage for about 2 weeks now due to the snow we had.

I'm thinking about sorting their hutch (extremely well insulated) for them to go back out because they'll have more room.

Mabel has been obsessively mounting Amber constantly for the last two days. I'm presuming she's in her 'lady cycle'.

Amber rumbles at Mabel but can never mount her back. (Mabel's just too quick!) Amber seems really tired out today. Not being able to rest because Mabel just won't give in!
Then the next thing they're snuggled together!

Putting them back outside will give her some space away from Mabel. I've bought loads of fleece and washed it all a few times ready to wick.

I just feel like poor Amber needs some rest!

Aww poor lady, does sound like she need a break. Any possibility of putting Mabel out for some floor time for a bit to let Amber chill?

Yes, I had them out seperately for lap time earlier which let her chill for a bit. Mabel is just so hyperactive! Amber is a little more chilled and I think it must be like having an annoying little sister! ;)

I tried letting them have floor time seperately last night but all Amber did was look around for Mabel and sniff Mabel's favourite spots on their floor time cosies! I can't win
:P

Amber may be fed up, but other piggies are usually pretty tolerant when it comes to a friend having a strong season. They often reaffirm their their bond by kissing and snuggles afterwards.

I often see them snuggling still. I think they tolerate each other really well. Just poor Amber looks so tired today. Attempting to sleep as far away from Mabel as possible :P

Sounds like what my two boys have been up to recently. According to what I've been seeing it might just be them trying to establish dominance on new territory.

Well now they're back outside. Mabel is running around exploring every corner of the hutch, whilst Amber has retreated upstairs to her fleece for some well deserved rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back