• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeding Grass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

My piggies love going out on the grass and munching away at it. I was just wondering though does grass count as their evening veggies? The pigs got their morning veggies but I wasn't sure whether they should get their veggies tonight as they had their grass?
Thanks

If they have had lots of grass I wouldn't give any more veg as they may get gassy upset tums.

When my guinea pigs have had grass, I just leave out the really watery veg like lettuce and cucumber.

Hey :) I was just wondering if anyone knows if Sir Walter Buffalo grass is okay for guinea pigs?
It's what we have ready rolled in Australia, and wanted to know If it would be okay for my guinea pigs to eat? :)

Hello,

My piggies love going out on the grass and munching away at it. I was just wondering though does grass count as their evening veggies? The pigs got their morning veggies but I wasn't sure whether they should get their veggies tonight as they had their grass?
Thanks

Rich fresh spring grass counts towards fresh veg while dry and nutritionally poor summer grass is more like hay. Too much fresh food can lead to soft poos or even diarrhea.

Hey :) I was just wondering if anyone knows if Sir Walter Buffalo grass is okay for guinea pigs?
It's what we have ready rolled in Australia, and wanted to know If it would be okay for my guinea pigs to eat? :)

Who is- or was - Sir Walter Buffalo?

Rich fresh spring grass counts towards fresh veg while dry and nutritionally poor summer grass is more like hay. Too much fresh food can lead to soft poos or even diarrhea.
Ok thanks. That is helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back