• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mahooli

Apart from the usual plenty of hay and fresh food what is the prefered method of feeding these days? I used to feed Gertie Guinea Pig many years ago but was wondering whether a complete pellet is now the norm?
Becky

Ive gone from Wagg Guinea Pig Mix to Supa Guinea Excel. The vet told me off for feeding them Guinea Mix. ?
So ever since, I have fed them all Supa Excel. O0

Make sure the feed does not contain colourings (even permitted). I feed mainly Cavy Cuisine (pelleted) but sometimes give Chudleys Rabbit Royale (no VitC) as a change because its low in Protein and doesn't have colourings :)

I use Supa Excel too. I used to use the cereal feeds, but the pigs just picked out the nice bits so their diet wasnt balanced enough.

That's my worry as I remember them picking what they wanted to eat rather than eating the variety stuff.
Becky

I feed mine p@h nuggets as they contain all vitamins etc they need & the so they cant pick out certain bits

Its funny Tommy and Sparky wouldn't give nuggets the light of day as much as I've tried, I did think once that they were eating them but soon discovered that they were simply emptying their bowls out across their cages yet Prince Harry has taken to them like a duck to water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back