• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Feeding

Winniepeg

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi folks. When I feed my boys coriander and occasionally parsley I pull a lot of the stem off and scared to give them celery which I find difficult to chew personally. I’d really appreciate your advice please. Am I being over cautious?

I jut throw coriander in stem as well. They eat all of it.
My two like celery. I cut off a small chunk and often slice it lengthways down the middle so they’ve got half each.

Thank you. I’ve wasted so much herbs/veg worried the boys might choke. X

I've always given the stem to my two girls. They don't seem to mind it. Now I'm starting to question if I should cut the stem off or not...

I don't bother removing stems or anything from coriander and they've not had any problems eating it. Re celery I don't de-string it unless I loosen a string so to speak in the process of cutting it, then I will remove the loose string just to be safe.

I don't personally cut the stems off and they gobble them up readily and without difficulty. I also don't take the stringy bits of celery though, I just cut it into chunks so there's not long stringy pieces

I don't personally cut the stems off and they gobble them up readily and without difficulty. I also don't take the stringy bits of celery though, I just cut it into chunks so there's not long stringy pieces
Same

Back