• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

feeing abit guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
you see, i know guinea pigs are surpposed to have a friend, well many of you probably know that mine dont get along. I'm feeling abit guilty because I'm not aloud another guinea pig so both o them are living alone is this ok?. they live underneath one another so can chat all the time and the both dont seem very lonely. does this mean that i can keep tem like this?. they have stayed alone for 9 months and are happy. we love both dearly so we couldnt replace them. all i really want to know is that can some pigs live alone?

I think so, one of my mums guinea pigs Tyson HATES other guinea pigs, his cage too is around her other boys cages so he get lots of interaction. He's also very much mummy's boy, just adores my mum and cuddle time so he gets lots. He's a very happy pig :)

thanks that was very reassuring. yes they are very mummies pig. pheeewwww, its just i heard they can get depressed but mine are a healthy wieght and are definatly not depressed. they are so vocal!

My Bailey lived alone his whole life, when he was 4 I decided to get him a friend and got what I thought was a little boy who turned out to be Amber. So I put their cages next to each other, I didn't want to neuter due to his age. So for the last year he had some company.

I was saying to my dad the other day I feel a bit sad he was alone, now I see Coco & Amber together and how much fun they are together, but I adored my Bailey Bum and gave him lots of love and attention. He might have been happier with company of his own kind but I don't believe he was unhappy or depressed.

Oh bum was definitely a Mummy's boy toox)

Last edited:
They can live like it, if they seem happy then that's all that matters.

I had to split my boys but both became miserable and almost stopped eating entirely...They just sat around and were very clearly miserable.
I think you know when they're unhappy, you'd notice the change in them and be able to tell if they were upset, so if they seem happy and normal to you then they're fine.

thanks everyone, you've made me feel a whole lot better. its nice to know that other piggies have been alone but have been happy like my two x

my mums big chunky pig is all alone, and when he stays at mine in the cage next to my boys, which he can see right into, he shows no interest at all, doesnt even look at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back