• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Felix’s Lucky Day

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s been a busy weekend in the rescue - here are the details https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/potteries-gpr-bank-holiday-boars-rescue.169875/

The smallest piggy (and the one in worst nick) is the little black and white boar we have called Felix. In Latin felix means lucky, and it’s this lad’s lucky day as he will no longer have to run the gauntlet of 5 larger boars and 3 intact buck rabbits to get to the single pellet bowl and hay pile.

He’s had a trim, a bath and is now happily stuffing his face with the finest hay and plenty of veggies and pellets.

Her are some photos of him before, during and after his pampering session.

48E00E9A-4E0F-4C1A-A572-AFEA492728D5.jpegCFA10448-74F4-4090-A6F3-EFF271F15388.jpeg78E71212-69D1-4BBC-BB02-9BD333B509A7.jpeg68C2B03A-AF26-4B53-951B-C26E25C6B5B9.jpeg

He looks tiny, is he an adult? I hope he enjoys all that lovely hay!

He looks tiny, is he an adult? I hope he enjoys all that lovely hay!

He is an adult but so underweight. Nothing but skin and bone under his coat. Looks like he was last to the food bowl and used as target practice by the other boars and bunnies.

Just read your other thread. Do you think it's ignorance why people treat animals like this?

Poor beautiful little guy :( that little sore face :( hope he enjoys all his tasty food now he can actually get some! Shocking how people can be.

Just read your other thread. Do you think it's ignorance why people treat animals like this?

I am absolutely certain that no one meant these guys any harm. I think it’s just misguided or out of date practices and a lack of awareness. A great many of the piggies who come into rescue are well loved and the owners think they are well cared for, however we often still find their health and body condition is suboptimal when they come into rescue.
On this forum we are enlightened about not keeping piggies and rabbits together and we are aware that keeping boars in groups is a bad idea. We just need to keep spreading the word as the message still isn’t widespread.
Weekly health checks and weighing, all of which we advocate, would have revealed issues in body condition, bites, injuries etc.

Well he’s been eating on and off for most of the last 24 hours. He’s quite calm, considering what he’s lived through. Tonight he had a little sniff of my hand and accepted a strip of pepper to eat direct from my fingers. He’s a real sweetie. We are a little bit in love with him here already.

Poor we man! Hope he gets a speedy recovery and regains a healthy weight x
I’m in love 😍

Back