• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

female rumble strutting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kelly

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I understand that during heat a female guinea pig can rumble strut and try to mount another female. Does anyone know how long this generally lasts for?

OH told me Bea was making funny noises yesterday morning before I got up and throughout the day she kept doing it, it sounds like a rumble and I'm sure I saw a little scrap between her and Bumble when she tried to mount Bumble rolleyes

Mine used to do it all the time...it will usually last a few days. Lexi was always the worst and Freya would leap around and tell her off, then as soon as Lexi came off heat Freya went on and the tables turned and it was her doing the humping :)) It's a bit gross seeing as they are sisters, but hey! lol

Pippa can get rather, erm, frisky too rolleyes Although she's the only one of my girls to do it.

I would say it's usually three or four days and then she's back to her usual chileld self :)

It usually lasts for a few days but on occasion it can last for a few weeks when it sparks a dominance discussion with the underpiggy wanting more rights.

It usually lasts for a few days but on occasion it can last for a few weeks when it sparks a dominance discussion with the underpiggy wanting more rights.

Oh crikey I can sooooooo imagine this happening with my two, Bumble likes to push her luck as the underpiggy as it is rolleyes

Oh crikey I can sooooooo imagine this happening with my two, Bumble likes to push her luck as the underpiggy as it is rolleyes

It used end up in a rumbling contest - she who outrumbled the other piggy won the argument... But as long as it is good natured I would not worry.

well she certainly doesn't seem to be rumbling as much today so hopefully it calms down

Snuffles was the lower piggie to begin with, then she started her rumble strutting which lasted for quite a while. She's calmed down a lot now - she is now top pig but still gets her frisky moments which can last for a few days at a time compared to Marmite who lasts about a day.

Last week I was sat looking at the girls with the other halfs mum and Snuffles mounted Marmite mallethead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back