• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ficus elástica robusta

Hannahtoo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I don’t usually have plants on the floor when free roaming but I had one set aside as a present out the way in which he went over and nibbled a inch worth as soon as I heard him eating I ran over and stopped him. And he isn’t one to nibble on things unlike my other guinea pig. He ate 1inch of a small leaf. What can I do to help?

I don’t usually have plants on the floor when free roaming but I had one set aside as a present out the way in which he went over and nibbled a inch worth as soon as I heard him eating I ran over and stopped him. And he isn’t one to nibble on things unlike my other guinea pig. He ate 1inch of a small leaf. What can I do to help?

Hi and welcome

Guinea pigs, like all rodents, don't have a vomit reflex; so once something is eaten, it has to come out at the other end.

Changes are good that nothing bad will happen but if you notice your piggy suddenly being very unwell and off their food over the next 24 hours, then please contact an out-of-hours service immediately. The UK has round the clock/weekends/bank holiday vet cover.
How to contact a vet out of hours

Back