• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fighting boars?

Nfrye

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My 2 boars have recently been teeth chattering st eachother a lot but nothing had happened so I just let them do their thing but today they had a fight. They are both teenagers so they are probably in a hormonal phase but I don’t know how to help them any ideas?

Did they draw any blood? If so they need to be separated. My boars have never fought before so I don’t have the most info on that. They use to teeth chatter quite often but once I moved them into the bigger cage they rarely do it. Keep in mind a brief teeth chatter that lasts about 5 seconds is quite common.

There is something in the guides at the top of the page under bonding and behaviour about Teenage Fallouts. Can't link it in on this device. Have a read of that and it'll let you know what to do and where to go from the point you are at now.

My 2 boars have recently been teeth chattering st eachother a lot but nothing had happened so I just let them do their thing but today they had a fight. They are both teenagers so they are probably in a hormonal phase but I don’t know how to help them any ideas?

Hi!

Please take the time to carefully read this guide; it looks in detail at all the aspects connected with the teenage months.
If the fight has just been a scuffle, then you can re-introduce using our tips - you can't just stick them back together!
If there have been full-on bloody bites to the rump, ears or face, then will generally not go back together and you will have to find another solution.
Key to a successful boar bond are character compatibility and mutual liking (which doesn't happen in shop or breeder bought babies) and lots of space to allow the boys to get away from each other (which very often also doesn't happen with shop-bought cages).
Boars: Teenage, Bullying, Fighting, Fall-outs And What Next?

Back