• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fighting guineas getting me down. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boys have been going at each other for hours, chasing, rumblestrutting, squealing etc. One of them was just chirping from what I assume is distress (it certainly wasn't a happy noise). I am already feeling fragile so they have had me in tears a few times already tonight, mainly because I find the constant squealing upsetting. :(
I have tried letting them out for a run around in case it was pent up energy, but all that happened was they kept chasing and squealing. I have also given them a buddy bath but they are just as bad. The hormone smell is really getting to me as well.

I don't know what to do, they haven't drawn blood but I don't know how much longer I can cope with it. Should I just seperate them temporarily so I can have some peace? :0

Hi,

Mine do this on a reguar basis and they have good days and bad. I have a dominant one that keeps mounting the other one etc.

I found that I took them out one at a time and gave them cuddle, stroked them for at least 20 mins, and put them back in and they seemed to stop, maybe my scent on both of themdid calm them down for a while.

Sometimes the more dominant one just likes to keep in check that he is in charge so he pesters the lesser pig. Ive had mine do this often and it never goes any furthur, usually just pees on the less dominant one.

OMG you must be so distressed :(

I can totally empathise. We have two boars and had all the same problems you are having. I know it's hard and horrible to hear them upset and getting angry with each other. You have my sympathy

We kept our boys together until the very end when it became clear they needed to be separated - they're quite cosy neighbours but they can't be together physically.

I know it's horrible but you have to think that any separation can add more stress to their strained relationship. If you have to separate them because of fighting then try doing so for a day (a good 24 hours apart) and then immediately buddy bathe them and keep them together on neutral territory. Make sure they have nothing to fight over - have two of everything. Don;t give up yet and try to stay positive.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your boys :)

Oh no love i'm sorry :(

HUGGLES XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Have a go again tomoro try the neutral thing and bathing.......maybe they were just doing the dominance thing that boars so love to do rolleyesmallethead
Paws crossed that it all works out xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back