• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My 2 boars were out of their cage today for about 3 hours then the started fighting. No blood was drawn so will it still be ok for them to go out the cage together?

I wouldn't put them back if they have been fighting - I don't trust them when they have been like that.

Same as Kate. I really wouldn't put them back together either, just in case there is a next time and blood is drawn!

Best for them to be separated.

See I would just to observe them back in their territory, Ed and Zub have squwobbles sometimes but they are just lovers tiffs and they are fine but it really depends on how bad the fight was

There's fighting and then there's squabbling. A little chatter is fine. But not fighting

True, my lot have had there little nips here and there some with blood some without and they have always been ok

It was the first time they had started fighting
Had them out yesterday for about half an hour and they were fine.
Think they might have been out a bit too long with each other the other day

It's difficult with boars as they change so often. But glad that they seem to be ok now

Where they out in the sun? Zub and Ed had their first major row when they overheated so i cooled them down with a cool flannel and they where fine that might have been something to do with it

yeah, its the same when Tonni gets too warm, he doen't bite Guinea but he nips people!

Misty can get a bit grump when Sooty follows him around and chases him all the time
Suppose the weathers been a bit too hot for htem aswell so that wasn't helping much
They were just in the livin room
Last time they were out the back they managed to get behind the shed

Ye and they also like to climb things =P
Sootys working his way out of the Zoozone

Sootys just been trouble from the moment I saw him in the petshop :)
He managed to get out the box in the car
Thankfully I managed to catch him
Even thought he was really skinny and silky :)

Do you know what they were fighting about? Was it food time? Over a hidey house? It can help to emove the cause of the flash point. Was it over space? Was it a prober fight or justa bit of rubbling, chattering, threats etc?

If it was a full on fight it was lucky they didn't draw blood... and like Ellie and Kate I would be cautious incase things happened again and one of them got hurt. But since they seem to have settled down lets hope it was something and nothing but you do need to watch them very closely incase it happens again and as I say try and work out if there was any obvious reason. Have a towel ready to seperate them or you could get injured in the process of getting them apart.

It seems to be when Sooty follows Misy around alot
It wasn't full on fighting but it looked asif it was going to be
They tried it again yesterday but settled down after a few seconds
I'm not really sure what it's about because Misty get jealous when I clap Sooty

How old are they? Do you think they are just sorting out who is boss? What do you mean when you clap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back