Fighting

JadeSperrin

Junior Guinea Pig
Joined
Apr 11, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Points
80
Location
Bristol
I have 2 sets of boys, they live next to eachother. Never had a problem.
But the last maybe 4 days one pair has been rumbling and teeth chattering at eachother and act like theyre going to pounce one another.
The other 2 have been bickering with the dominant one chasing ALOT.
It only ever seems to happen in the evening with them. Goes on for a few hours then stops.
What could be causing this as I'm getting so frustrated, I'm getting so stressed out.
Worried one might end up hurt. It's just randomly started happening and I cant figure out why. Theyre all been for mots recently at the vets aswell so not overly convinced any of them are poorly
 
Have you changed the bedding all at once lately? That can upset them if their scent markings all disappear at once. Are there plenty of hides to choose from so they don't compete over hides? Also plenty of food to avoid food guarding ❤️
 
Have you changed the bedding all at once lately? That can upset them if their scent markings all disappear at once. Are there plenty of hides to choose from so they don't compete over hides? Also plenty of food to avoid food guarding ❤️
They had a full clean out today but did nothing different to what I would normally do. I dont throw away hay which isnt wet. Plenty of hides, 2 water bottles, bowls, food different ends of enclosure.
 
Sounds good. Leaving scent markings can help to reassure a dominant pig. Some people clean half the cage at a time. Taking a piggy to the vet sometimes puts the bond under pressure when he comes home smelling different ❤️
 
Back
Top