• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

finally a few pics of the crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
at last i got my camera back from kodak so can now start introducing some of the crew! and if anyone has any name suggestions id be grateful, only 1 has a name so far! and if anyone can id the breeds? i think the most are just short haired gp's but what are the colours called please? and what type is rex? his hair is like a toilet brush, hard bristles that stick up everywhere!

this is the type of housing every 2 piggies have since being moved indoors..

000_0001.jpg

and now i shall introduce the crew!

girlies
000_0016.jpg

boys
rex the boss
000_0015.jpg

the others
000_0013.jpg

000_0009.jpg

000_0004.jpg

000_0003.jpg

000_0002.jpg

awwwwww all very very cute x)x)x)x) i love the piggie with tri colours that's sitting in the food x) oh they're all gorgeous xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can you tell us more about their pigsonalities? i always think that helps for naming them :)
May i ask what's on the walls? i can't work it out from the pics :red

I love your piggies. Maybe you could call the little fella in the last picture Trio, I love his colouring. x

awwwwww all very very cute x)x) i love the piggie with tri colours that's sitting in the food x) oh they're all gorgeous xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can you tell us more about their pigsonalities? i always think that helps for naming them :)
May i ask what's on the walls? i can't work it out from the pics

they are the noisiest bunch of piggies ive heard in my life! i dont think ive had them long enough to learn all their personalities yet but for sure the little browny orange one with black splodges is by far the most outgoing. he is the first out of the house when he hears you coming, the signalman who calls to the others to let them know I'm doing my rounds! the big one (rex ) is boss, he's the one that is always not in his enclosure, he prefers it in the end one so climbs the dividers! the rest follow him rouind like a leader. the tri colour is the shyest, he always hides. the girls are mischief makers..they are hand to handle and often try to bite :(

the walls unfortunatly are not finished in the girls quaters, the plasterboard had been taken off (didnt want the piggies chewing it) so its just bare wall with patches left where the plaster/paint was. their should be wooden panelling there very soon...!

What a great lot of space they have. I'm sure the piggies don't mind that the decor isn't quite finished. After all the most important accessory (carrot) is already in place :)

Your girls look like a nice bunch; and they have cosy and big pens!

It depends on what you like for names: spices, flowers, herbs, nuts (hazel, almond, chashew, cob, brazil, pecan...), sweets, snacks, characters ( like Cheeky or Shy, Diva, Greedy...), fabrics (silk, satin...), tv characters or film stars (somebody has named all their girls after characters Marilyn Monroe played). I have gone for Welsh names with my lot; Castaway has Welsh boys.
You can also try and give them names from a baby names list you like. Or go for Belgian names you like! :))

Most of your girls are variations of black, red and white. Black and red together are called tortoise (or tort); some of your girls are therefore tort and white.

Rex looks like he has some rexoid parentage, but as he is young, I wonder whether there might be some longhaired texel in him? Better post a thread in breeds, so the real experts can have a look in!

you can use baby name sites to inspire you. I spent hours on them when I got Lexi and Kizzy. Their full names are Alexis Willow and Keziah Ann. You can type in something about a pig and get a name that means that. Like Keziah means "cinnamon like bark" in hebrew and it suites her cuz she is ginger and Layla means "dark beauty" in arabic, that could suite a dark girl piggy. Lexi was nearly called Layla but it didn't quite suite her.

I like this site most
http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back