• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Finding A Companion

Tigger&Eeyore

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,
One of my much loved piggies passed away last week and I’m looking for a friend for my (nearly) 2 year old boar Eeyore. I would ideally want a boar of the same age. I must admit I am nervous about introducing a new piggy. I have done it before but the piggies were so young. Eeyore was the dominant boar of the 2 and was quite intense.
I’ve started thinking about getting him neutered and introducing him to 2 sows (after 6 weeks post op of course) but this also makes me a bit worried. I don’t want to put him in any pain unnecessarily. At the same time I think he would love the extra company and I think it would suit his personality being the only boy.
Just wanted to get a little advice from you all

I’m sorry for your loss. Where are you located? Are any of our recommended rescues within reach? Most of them offer boar dating where your boar can “date” another boar to find a suitable companion. This takes away the stress of introductions and will offer a more secure bonding than if you try by yourself.

So sorry for your loss.
If you can’t find a suitable boar companion then neutering and finding sow companionship is a good way forward.
I can understand your anxiety about surgery but I had a boar neutered and he was fine - just a little wobble the day after which was easily resolved.
I think I was more stressed than he was.
Hope everything works out.
Keep us posted

Back