• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

fingers cross for patch,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
found him this morning looking totally fed up and with a wet chin, by experience I know its his teeth, a clump of grass was tried but not devoured as usual, so he is booked into vet hospital tomorrow morning and is now on cc to keep his strength up, he will have op tomorrow if they find it to be teeth as i suspect, fingers crossed for him, please he is a darling and his cage mates galaxy and jinx will miss him when he is away, they are a trio of very close boars, :-\

:( sending hugs to Patch, hope he gets better soon

Kathryn xx

Love to patch and healing thoughts to Patch. Keep your strength up Little lad until mum gets you to the vet hospital in the morning.

Sympathies are with you, I have my Toffee who has had to have two dentals so far and I watch him closely too for signs that there are probs again.
I haven't anyone close enough to do them without an anaesthetic either. I am going to do a bit ringing around again though. Nearest rodentologist is Nottingham.
Take care both of you,
Barbara

Fingers crossed for you x

I just gave him some critical care and he was biting on the syringe he had lots of it, and gave him some metcam just in case he was in pain, Trena the nurse said I could take him in any time sat morning as she knows me, and he would be seen and dealt with I did'nt need to make a definate time, aint that nice, :) :)

dropped him off this morning the vet said he would phone, when he did it was'nt good news he has 2 teeth grown incorrectly over his tongue basically trapping the tongue, poor little man he said it was probably best to put him to sleep :'( but one chance we could give him would be to cut them back as far as possible and prey they would grow better but he doubts it and next time at least we know we tried, getting him back this afternoon and he is going to be very spoilt, ;) but will now be on edge looking for his wet chin a sign of them back he said within 6 weeks, but i had to give him this one chance, I lost lavender in march with teeth problems, :'(

If patch recovers okay from his anaesthetic and hopefully he will, you can have his teeth trimmed again, as long as he eats okay for the next few weeks. I am having the same problem with my Toffee, he's had two dentals so far and both times needed an anaesthetic, but was bright as s button within hours of coming home. I've rang Vedra and my nearest rodentologist is hours away, but you may one have nearer who can trim without putting him under.

It's sad that vets think of teeth probs as a death sentence :( It needn't be.

Toffee is an old man and is getting frailer, though he is bright and loves his food and cuddles, so I'm not sure what the future holds for him long term? But if he was younger and otherwise fit, I'd persevere with the dentals. He has gone 10 weeks between needing a trim, we are coming up to that time again and I too am on edge...not sure what to do this time :-\
But what are the alternatives to giving him another trim, even if it means an anaesthetic :'(

Good luck with Patch.

Barbara

Patch is home and seems very bright he is eating grass and drinking, made a decision I am going to keep on with the dentals if needed and not let it beat me or patch he is far too precious for that, as i live on the Island its impossible to find a rodentologist here so will be needing an anesthetic each time, I feel so sorry for you now i know how hard a decision it is , do we let them keep going through with this? its got to be painful for them, although Patches tongue was'nt damaged or hurt, for now he is going to be given every chance, this time it cost me £50 maybe it will be cheaper each time from now on ,if anyone knows a rodentologist in southampton portmsouth etc can you let me know please,

Patch has not started eating his own dried food like i thought and I am still feeding him myself with cc his chin is damp again, any ideas? have tried to tempt him with grass etc he will nibble but nothing major starting to get worried

:( poor patch, I hope he starts eating soon

Kathryn xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back