• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

First Aid Kit - What Should I Have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As a new piggy mummy and having seen some of the recent sad posts on piggies going over the rainbow bridge, I thought I should really get together a First Aid kit for the piggies as, if anything like my daughter, things ever do happen (big fingers crossed they don't) it'll be on a weekend or Bank Holiday. So I was wondering (a) what should I have in the kit? and (b) where can I get it from?. Many thanks :roll:

Some things that I try to have on hand is a styptic pencil (for accidental nail injuries), Critical Care for emergency feeding and a syringe to go with it, and then just miscellaneous products I have acquired over the years (I have an antibiotic wash and a topical antibiotic left over from abscess treatment that I got from my vet, an antifungal cream from past treatment, plus I have written out some important dates of major illnesses and dosing info for meds, which is more for when I have to leave them with my mom and dad if I'm going away and they aren't as familiar with the histories.) Hope this helps a bit!

Oh, and the vet's business card, because you can never find the phone number in a panic when you need it!

Some things that I try to have on hand is a styptic pencil (for accidental nail injuries), Critical Care for emergency feeding and a syringe to go with it, and then just miscellaneous products I have acquired over the years (I have an antibiotic wash and a topical antibiotic left over from abscess treatment that I got from my vet, an antifungal cream from past treatment, plus I have written out some important dates of major illnesses and dosing info for meds, which is more for when I have to leave them with my mom and dad if I'm going away and they aren't as familiar with the histories.) Hope this helps a bit!
Thanks freela. There are some useful tips there. Plus the vet card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back