First Picture Of Jemima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Here's Tees Valley Guinea Pig Rescue's latest guest, Jemima. She arrived on Tuesday and has been very shy. She weighed-in at just 662g which is on the light side if her age is 2 to 3 years old but I'm waiting for all her details as I picked her up from her former owner's place of work & she wasn't there when I arrived. Am I right in believing that she's a Golden Acouti? I'm not well up on identifying different breeds.

And here's a picture of her with Aldous in next run to give you a better idea of her size:

Last edited:

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Wow she's stunning. I would say she is a satin too but not sure on the colour.

A&T

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awwwh, She would be a wonderful companion for my Amber I bet!

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What a stunner :love: She is gorgeous mate. How is the rescue going?
It's ticking along nicely thanks Lee. 5 cages in place at present but only 3 in use. Of the first 4 piggies who came last month, 3 were rehomed last Friday & Saturday. There was a bit of a health alert with the 4th boy Aldous but he seems to be eating a bit more now so he'll be back up for adoption soon I hope though he can't be with a female till February 19th. Jemima will be offered for adoption on February 10th & the 2 boys who came in last Friday & were neutered on Monday will offered as a pair first but if not & I get 2 people wanting companions for berived sows & would consider rehoming them that way but only if homes could be found for both at the same time. It's a bit of a juggling act with re-homing them

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
She looks like a very stunning golden satin indeed! You will need to be careful when rehoming her even though satin disease (osteodystrophy) is no longer quite such an issue as only a few years ago.

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
She looks like a very stunning golden satin indeed! You will need to be careful when rehoming her even though satin disease (osteodystrophy) is no longer quite such an issue as only a few years ago.
Thanks for letting me know about osteodystophy @Wiebke could you possibly give me anymore info or good links on this subject x

Status
Not open for further replies.