• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

First signs of Guinea Pig illness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We always want the best for our beloved pets, to make sure that if they get ill that they receive veterinary care as soon as possible, and one of the ways you can see if your guinea pigs are be becoming ill is to make a weight chart for them. Once every week or even maybe more often weigh your guinea pigs using for example a kitchen scale and if you see your guinea pigs weight drop suddenly this could be an indication that your pig is ill. Using this method you can get your pig the care it needs before it's too late.

flintstones

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
Yes, thats the idea of weighing! I do mine regularly always have done.

When Bette was ill the first thing I noticed was her weight and she didn't die untill another month after that. Sadly we couldn't find the reason, wasn't despite trying though.

Turns out she had untreated Diabetes, this is why I am forever urging people if they have a pig that drinks in excess too have the pig checked, as many of our pigs are rescues so we don't know whats normal and whats not. Most rescues we know little too no background.

Status
Not open for further replies.