• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

First Time Out In The Run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy Lou

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Connor and Duncan have had their first outing in the run, they did manage to nibble a little grass, though spent most of the time hiding out in the hutch end!..but early days! Just wondering if we should put some big spaced wire on the underside of the run. Our garden is next to open fields, not sure I'd like to leave them out all day when we're out at work? IMG_20150515_183507.jpg IMG_20150513_185537.jpg

Cuties!
Personally, I wouldn't leave the run unattended for long periods of time.

I know I'm very nervous with my piggles at the moment but I wouldn't leave them out if there was no one around to keep an eye on them either. I popped in to put the kettle on yesterday afternoon and looked out the window to see next doors cat sitting on top and dangling over the side of the run to try and see Spike and Peanut and they were cowering in their house. It took two weeks of good weather putting them out everyday to get them relaxed with the run and then we had weeks of rain and have had to start over again from square one. Anybody would think I enjoyed torturing them the way they react to floor and grass time!

If your 100% sure nothing can get in not even with force. I've left amber and Trixie out and gone shopping before but there's like actual big bits of metal instead of mesh on my run if that makes sense? Maybe you could see if you could put mesh on the otherwise too? Like the outside. Sometimes mesh can be pushed and collapse in? So if there's two layers their more protected. Also the top if a cat was to fit onit would it droop or fall in?
How long are you at work for?

I know I'm very nervous with my piggles at the moment but I wouldn't leave them out if there was no one around to keep an eye on them either. I popped in to put the kettle on yesterday afternoon and looked out the window to see next doors cat sitting on top and dangling over the side of the run to try and see Spike and Peanut and they were cowering in their house. It took two weeks of good weather putting them out everyday to get them relaxed with the run and then we had weeks of rain and have had to start over again from square one. Anybody would think I enjoyed torturing them the way they react to floor and grass time!
Yes it does seem a bit of a scarey world out there, maybe we'll keep run time for when we are around, I guess eventually they will see it as fun!

If your 100% sure nothing can get in not even with force. I've left amber and Trixie out and gone shopping before but there's like actual big bits of metal instead of mesh on my run if that makes sense? Maybe you could see if you could put mesh on the otherwise too? Like the outside. Sometimes mesh can be pushed and collapse in? So if there's two layers their more protected. Also the top if a cat was to fit onit would it droop or fall in?
How long are you at work for?

I'm out all day, so its a long time, too long to be sure I think. The mesh is pretty strong but I think I'd be happier with a covered big gauge wire underneath. Will keep your points in mind thanks

Reactions: A&T
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back