• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

First Vet Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecie89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Baby Athena had her first vet visit today. The vet was so nice and specializes in small pets! I was so happy he knew what he was talking about. Athena had a little cough so he gave me some Baytrill to give her. She also got her nails done, which she was not happy about. The nurse did a great job clipping them but caught the kwik a couple of times :/ which was horrifying for me to watch because I've never caught any of their kwiks before. She chutted her teeth and huffed at them a bit for all that. But overall she was great and really liked her vet!
I gave her the first dose of Baytrill when we got home. The poor thing looked like a baby that had eaten a lemon when I put it in her mouth :/.

Baby Athena had her first vet visit today. The vet was so nice and specializes in small pets! I was so happy he knew what he was talking about. Athena had a little cough so he gave me some Baytrill to give her. She also got her nails done, which she was not happy about. The nurse did a great job clipping them but caught the kwik a couple of times :/ which was horrifying for me to watch because I've never caught any of their kwiks before. She chutted her teeth and huffed at them a bit for all that. But overall she was great and really liked her vet!
I gave her the first dose of Baytrill when we got home. The poor thing looked like a baby that had eaten a lemon when I put it in her mouth :/.

Aww bless her. Baytril tastes horrible. Sending her lots of healing vibes hope she gets well soon

Yea unfortuatly they dont like the taste of medicine, but you never did when you were a kid right:love:
Definitely not! My parents used to have to hold me and my siblings down and pour Dimatap down our throats to get us to take it lol! Were all still traumatized by grape flavoring!
Hopefully Athena won't be traumatized too badly by me giving her the medicine..

Sending healing vibes, hope she gets better soon. Glad she wasn't too traumatised at the vets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back