• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fish spam!

PigglePuggle

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mr Fish is very excited after his partial water change and filter clean! He has grown huge already, literally doubled in size, also he seems to like pooping just under the filter to watch his fishy poops get sucked straight in, the filter needs a lot of rinsing... he's a right fishy nutter splashing and jumping and wrecking his plants... I can see that this 60 litre tank is going to need upgrading next year... maybe I should just pitch a tent outside seeing as the animals already took 3 rooms of my house plus a 4th room for storing all their things...? And I cant sleep in the bath either its always full of fish buckets or snail soil bricks being hydrated or piggy hay trays soaking in vinegar... maybe they took all the rooms except the kitchen... though they use the fridge and washing machine more than me... I will sleep in the dishwasher!
Anyway here is some Mr Fish spam :)
20201114_094152.jpg20201114_094202.jpg20201114_094216.jpg

Loving the fishy spam. Mr Fish is clearly loving his new home and will continue to grow now he has some space to swim around in. He looks really healthy, you are obviously doing well there. Goldfish are generally more difficult to keep well than tropical fish from my experience, they are quite dirty beasts so a good filter is great for him and his tank x

Mr. Fish looks great! Not sure if anyone has mentioned, but make sure you don't rinse his filter under the tap water. That's the fastest way to kill your cycle. I've done that before. 😩 Just rinse the filter in a bucket of old dirty water or water that you treated with a dechlorinater.

Mr. Fish looks great! Not sure if anyone has mentioned, but make sure you don't rinse his filter under the tap water. That's the fastest way to kill your cycle. I've done that before. 😩 Just rinse the filter in a bucket of old dirty water or water that you treated with a dechlorinater.
Thanks! I rinse his filter and plants in the treated water I make up for his water changes, with one of these little jelly balls of filter priming denitrifying bacteria dissolved in it, we used 10 of those to prime the filter initially and it worked really fast so we are adding 1 every week at the recommended maintenance dose :)

Aaah hello Mr Fish! :love::love: Looking gorgeous there! :luv:Arnie had a thing about her poos too, occasionally got confused and thought they were food! 🤢:))
I rinse out my filters in the water from the water change so never completely shiny clean! But ensures you don’t start a mini-cycle etc especially in a newly started tank. I’ve got 3 big sponges and a small poly-pad filter in the big tank then two in Arnie’s old tank, I change which one I rinse weekly so not all cleaned at the same time so I don’t lose all the good bacteria.
My brother (and his gf, where Arnie came from) cleaned her old tank with washing up liquid at least once, all her ornaments etc! No idea how she survived that but her poor friend didn’t! :yikes::(
Goldfish are definitely much grubbier than tropical fish! They’re grazers though so constantly sucking and eating really!

Think we’re being taken over by beasts @PigglePuggle, I can barely move in my living room at the moment, let alone fit any of my own things anywhere else, just pet stuff storage!XD:)) x

Yes the animals have completey taken over my house, last week I week to have a shower seeing as the bath was full of fish buckets only to find the shower full of giant snails enjoying a rehydrate and rinse in a big plastic storage box!
Mr Fish is a very mucky bugger, I have no concerns about his water quality but its the floaty chunks of fish poop and wrecked plant leaves and half eaten bloodworms that keep clogging his filter a bit and looking yucky! And when I start the water change they all swirl about then its a race whether Mr Fish noms them up before I can scoop them out with my 2 litre water change beaker! Which usually has a curious and persistent Mr Fish swimming into it or attacking it trying to join in and help with the cleaning lol :)

Haha the joys of pet keeping! Well, different species all over the place anyway! Got a cupboard full of fish stuff (2 spare tanks too!) and my old rat cage, a cat cupboard (but bed or sofa normally claimed by Daisy so I have to fit around her!) and pig stuff just everywhere, in every room I think! As well as random Pedro trees and things I can’t bear to throw away ‘just in case’! :))
Yeah goldfish obviously don’t have stomachs so constantly pooping, then sucking on and killing all the plants around them that get foul and slimy! I’d definitely turn the filter off when you’re feeding, so much food gets sucked in and makes it disgusting!
And definitely get a net in the tank after a water change and get the floaty-cack! There can be so much floating around and then instantly sucked up by the filter so wrecks your hard work!XD
Haha they’ve got such massive personalities, Mr Fish sounds great! :D:love: And so pretty!
So chuffed for him to be with you, glad he’s fattening up so much! :luv: x

Back