• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fleece bedding: should it go upto, short of or up the correx sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Vetbed fleece has turned up now :D so putting finishing touches in but of note the size of fleece finishes just short of the wall edges so i was wondering whether best to cut small pieeces to fill to wall ends (thinking this may allow them to lift & get underneath where it overlaps?) leave an inch or so short of wall or to do in other direction so it goes all the way up sides, although i also figure this may allow them to get up side easier & most the cage pix seem to have a perfect fit to sides?

Picture if it helps:
fleecetoend.jpg

Thoughts & theories please folks?
Ta
Si

I had 1 cage that had vet bed that just went upto the sides of the cage and 1 cage where I cut the vet bed extra big so that it would fold over the top of the correx so that my pigs couldn't get underneath it. Just depends on whether your pigs like to bury under stuff I guess. If they do get under it though it doesn't half make a mess.

doesn't look quite right when you get rid of the overlapped bit & centralise it:
fleecetoend2.jpg

Si

gone with cutting bits to fit so nicely up to edges now & hopefully they'll all stay put :D
Pix to follow shortly in my house build thread.....
Si

Looks great Si. Peter had an idea of velcroing the underside to stop slidage (is that a word?) :D I like that idea. I'm using fleece blankets cannot use newspaper underneath Eccle's C&C as he eats it and I know it's not too bad for them but I prefer for him not to eat the Liverpool Echo! :D

i wish i hadnt spent my money on a big cgae could of got an even bigger cc cage and saved money :(

yeah that vetbed is the one with sticky underside although its still on paper so potential slippage but with bricks etc i doubt it too much only time will tell........
Si

depends how much you've spent i'm about £200 down so far although that includes decent amounts of food, hay & decent amount of spare vetbed......
Si

I use human incontinence sheets (not mine) with fleece over the top in my cages and when they are having floor time, I use grids for the sides and incontinence sheets and poundland dog fleece. I wash the fleece 2 times a week and the same with the towels. it is so quick to keep clean.

I would put the fleece up the sides (I think you just said thats what you're going to do ::)) because when mine were on fleece they had a wonderful habit of pooping all along the edge, some poops would escape underneath the fleece and I would get a nice squashed poop surprise when I lifted it ;D

lol at pressed poo collection :D Only right upto sides at the minute we'll see how that works.....
Ta
Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back