fleece detergent

shaysbeautifulboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
anyone in the Uk know what non bio detergent i should i get for washing and wicking fleece? also is there any way i can wick fleece on the first try?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You can use any non bio - I use just a supermarket own non bio. You can also add white vinegar to the wash, it’s an anti bacterial.
Fleece will likely need to be washed several times before it will wick effectively. Theres not really a short cut, the longer you have a fleece, the more it’s used and washed, the better it will wick

shaysbeautifulboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
You can use any non bio - I use just a supermarket own non bio. You can also add white vinegar to the wash, it’s an anti bacterial.
Fleece will likely need to be washed several times before it will wick effectively. Theres not really a short cut, the longer you have a fleece, the more it’s used and washed, the better it will wick
okay so should it be on the hottest temperature to wick? i’m still unsure about this whole wicking process so i’ve been watching so many youtube videos on it 😂

Lanie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I also use fleece liners. I attempted to make them myself but could not get the fleece to wick. I now order them ready made and they are ready to use when delivered I get mine from Etsy. I have also used vetbed but it’s a nightmare to maintain. I just use supermarket own brand non bio to wash them.

shaysbeautifulboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I also use fleece liners. I attempted to make them myself but could not get the fleece to wick. I now order them ready made and they are ready to use when delivered I get mine from Etsy. I have also used vetbed but it’s a nightmare to maintain. I just use supermarket own brand non bio to wash them.
i’ve just brought everything today! hopefully all goes well ! thank youuu !