• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fleece Liner Middle Layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat906

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
What would make a good absorbent layer for a homemade fleece liner? How would a traditional mattress protector (not an incontinence one) fair?

Hey, I'm not sure how absorbent it would be, I have wondered myself but never used one. I just use towels from primark in mine. One layer for the main liner and then the little pads which I put where they wee I use 2 layers. I've heard someone on here mention zorb for the middle layer which I may try next:)

I've just looked up zorb and I can only find some gel? Nothing I can put inside or reusable?

This is the company that manufacture Zorb.
https://www.wazoodle.com

It is pretty awesome stuff, although I have found my mirco fibre and normal terry towel/fleece liners hold up just as well as the zorb. It works out a lot more expensive for only a marginal gain, in my experience. Might be worth checking out some decent microfibre towels too, as alternative.

I use towel for my liners, fleece on top, towel underneath :)

I've used... mattress protector with fleece covering the top, it did work, but then switched to liners (which I'm sure have towel in the middle) due to it being easier to change over.

Some people use the removal blankets as well.

I was wondering about microfibre towels. You can buy them very cheaply on EBay. Do they work as well as the more expensive ones? I was also wondering wether they stay in place as they are much lighter than ordinary towels.

I just wouldn't trust cheap microfibre towels to hold more than a normal terry towel if I'm honest, having looked in the past they are cheap imports from China. I trialled some cheaper microfibre ones before (from a market) and they were awful, nothing compared to my current ones. Unfortunately they can be a bit pricey but as they say decent products are usually expensive for a reason.

I was wondering about microfibre towels. You can buy them very cheaply on EBay. Do they work as well as the more expensive ones? I was also wondering wether they stay in place as they are much lighter than ordinary towels.
What ever you use in the middle just sew a boarder all the way around to keep it in place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back