• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Fleece liners

BaileyM

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a question about the fleece liners. I made my own, fleece sewn onto towel.
I clean Bailey’s cage every other day, and she still stinks....not her cage, her. She smells like pee. Is it her fleece liners? Are they not absorbing properly? My plan is to wash them a few times this weekend in hot water and vinegar....but any advice is Welcome.

I personally don’t rate towels as bedding. In my opinion they seem to stay wet for longer than other methods and can cause more of a smell

I'm now trying wood pellets under bath mats (but you could also use them under fleece), and this is the best option I've tried so far. At this moment I have a towel under the bath mats, but I will also try this without a towel. The wood pellets draw in all the moisture, without giving off a smell. One of my piggies drinks and pees a lot, especially now she's on heart medication, and this seems to be the only thing that stays dry and that keeps her dry.
You can also look at other things to put under your fleece. I think some people use puppy pads or incontinence pads, or mattress protectors. For the average piggy that seems to work well.

I think noodle bath mats are a better choice for a top layer. I put them on my high traffic areas and they're easier to clean.

My system is vet bed incontinence pads at the bottom, guinea dad fleece as a middle and noodle bath mats where they do their business most. I change the bath mats twice during the week and the fleece/pee pads once and it seems like a good system

Back