• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

fleece okay?

midnightem

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
is using fleece alriggtwith an absorbant layer? i find mulch bedding brings in nats and ants.

Attachments

• 20200617_220005.jpg
    20200617_220005.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 11
Fleece does not hold moisture, so any pee will soak straight through and be ‘trapped’ in the absorbent layer underneath.
That is why fleece really needs an extra absorbent layer.
You can refer to this guide: A Detailed Guide For Fleece Bedding
Your piglets are beautiful! :luv:

That sounds absolutely fine. I use fleece bedding and put a good layer of newspaper for the pee to wick into and it keeps the fleece lovely and dry x

i have an abaorbant comfortee lining at the bottom that i got from rhe place i work out. the top part is an old fleece blanket and then an absorbing comforter underneath it.

In the run I have some polar fleece on top of a plastic baked mattress protector. Underneath both I have an off cut of cheap lino. In the hutch I have CandE fleece liners (on top of washable puppy pads) which I'm very happy with. Like you I was having lots of bedding (4 bin bags a week) to get rid of. Now my Piggies are no longer outside and are in the garage I can use fleece at last.

Yes fleece is ok. Just clean every now and then and your guinea pigs are set!

Yes fleece is ok. Just clean every now and then and your guinea pigs are set!
How often is "every now and then"? If you have fleece it needs to be poop picked at least once a day and the cage needs to be thoroughly cleaned out every week. This includes washing the fleece at 60 degrees to keep it nice and fresh.

Back