Fleece patterns

larsond

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm changing from auboise to fleece to bring guinea pigs inside before the winter. The guineadad liners I have are plain grey but I'll also be getting some fleece pee pads to put in hides , under tunnels etc.

Most of these pads seem to be patterns more suited to a childs bedroom are guinea pigs ok with patterns and vibrant colours ? I couldn't find much advice regarding like / dislike of Patterns, favourite colours etc.

Any advice greatly recieved.

JunePiggies19

*photo competition winner*
Reaction score
Hi!
I use patterns and plain grey for my guinea pig fleeces and they don't seem bothered about which ones are on the floor. I had to sew mine by hand though because my sewing machine broke (would not recommend!)

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
It’s absolutely fine. My piggies have bright yellow fleece tunnels with patterns on them and luminous pink cosies!

Fantasimo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boys have grey with ladybirds. Although in the future I would get either a plain pale, or pale patterned fleece so I can navigate the poo when I put my hand/foot in their cage 😂 (we live and learn!)

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I got Snoopy a tunnel from a cosies maker it was bright red inside and multicoloured diamonds on the outside. He teeth chattered at it! 😂 I dont think he likes red...........perhaps i shouldn't tell him hes got red eyes. Lol.
On a serious note though i like my cage liners to be a light colour so i can see any blood etc. Mine are baby blue with white polka-dots or white stars.

larsond

New Born Pup
Reaction score
That's funny as there is quite a lot of posts on different guinea pig sites online that also say their pigs didn't like red. Even one lady who said some days their pig would want to cuddle her and she eventually worked out it was when wearing red.

I would think that most would prefer primary colours and colours from the wild , greens , yellow , brown etc apparently they see colour is not too dissimilar from us so maybe blue to calm them , red to make them angry, some mix if colour for stimulation. Anyway I've settled on blue , grey and yellow jurrasic dinosaur pattern 🤣

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
That's funny as there is quite a lot of posts on different guinea pig sites online that also say their pigs didn't like red. Even one lady who said some days their pig would want to cuddle her and she eventually worked out it was when wearing red.

I would think that most would prefer primary colours and colours from the wild , greens , yellow , brown etc apparently they see colour is not too dissimilar from us so maybe blue to calm them , red to make them angry, some mix if colour for stimulation. Anyway I've settled on blue , grey and yellow jurrasic dinosaur pattern 🤣
Sounds good to me. He loves yellow though. Lol.

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I dont think piggies can actually see colours the exactly same way we can, but none of mine like blue fleecy tunnels, they all like red, orange, pink and purple though. And they have preferred patterns, they like unicorns and flowers and big bold dots, not keen on fish designs at all, and I have 2 red fleecy tunnels that are identical except one has a strawberry print and one has a penny sweets print, and they fight over the strawberry print one! And we have a Christas sprout print tunnel (love it) and a Christmas carrot print tunnel (not keen). And Jezzy floof absolutely will not sit on a dark star print fleecy pad, she'd rather sleep on the floor outside if that's in the hidey house! Who knows what goes on in those little piggy brains lol :)